Michael Adamucci Interview part-2

 How did you get started in photography?

I woke up one day, moved a finger, and started a thought that got me to call my friend Brendan who connected me to the West Coast Getty Photo editor.  It all started there.  Getty Images offers creative and editorial visual content globally, with over 415 million assets, including award-winning imagery, video, music, multimedia, and premium digital content.  Getty Images works with over 340,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year

                                        Michael Adamucci


What inspired you to become a photographer?

I originally worked with Peter Kramer and Evan Agostini for entertainment events. They were a great help. I also enjoyed the production of editorial photo shoots. I started my career in Milan, Italy, working in a production office for Andre Werther. It was great. My days were filled with castings and Polaroid photos, and my nights were filled with clubs, Italian food and the best in arts and culture.

                                                Michael Adamucci

What camera do you use?

I have a LOMO 35mm film camera. My professional gear is a bit dated, but it works for me. I have an original Canon 5D that I use with my 50mm 1.2 (beautiful lens), and then my Canon 7D I use two lenses with, 24-70mm f4 and a 70-200mm 2.8. I have an off-camera flash set up for parties and editing gear to do selects and sends.

                                                  Michael Adamucci

How do you make money?

I do not make a lot of money. I have been unemployed for about three years. Recently I started doing business development with our family office. Mostly I parent my kids, which is not a paying job but far more satisfying than any other job I have ever had.

                                       Michael Adamucci

When you were starting out, was there ever a time you doubted it would work? If so, how did you handle that?

Nope, I always had confidence and a willingness to do whatever it takes.  I kept saying yes, I kept doing the work, and clients kept calling.

                                            Michael Adamucci

How did you get your first client or customer?

My first client was a referral from a friend.
                                           Michael Adamucci
                                                    Michael Adamucci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kabir McNeely is an American actor and filmmaker

Kabir McNeely is an American actor and filmmaker – best known for his short film  Blue Girl  which won him several awards. He began his care...